Join us this Thursday, May 20, 6:00 pm Pacific for our monthly Angel Team Zoom call. This is a monthly working meeting for Angel Teams across the nation, and also people interested in volunteering to either start or join one. Angel Teams help returning community members succeed in not going back to prison or jail.
Agenda for the call:
- Introductions – Introduce yourself, where are you, are you currently or planning on working with any returning community members?
- Invite participants to share any progress updates or immediate challenges
- Recent Texas release / welcome home report (Houston and Dallas Angel Team experiences)
- Share details about Embraced:Fully and The Principle Foundation – they have agreed to be our fiscal sponsor!
- Fundraising update – 2 applications submitted so far
- December 2022 Goal of 100% Angel Team coverage for qualified RCMs (potentially ~72 individuals served nationwide in next 18 months)
- Confirm next meeting dates, wrap up meeting
60%-70% of those released from prison return within 3 years. Our mission is to help get the recidivism rate as close to zero as possible for participating Returning Community Members through direct support as well as providing training, mentorship and education for volunteers who share this goal.