The Principle Foundation (our fiscal sponsor) is hiring a new part-time Institutional Grant Administrator. Please apply if you would like to do this job, or share this with anyone you think would be a good fit. The job is currently open, and will start as soon as possible.
The Institutional Grant Administrator is responsible for handling all communications with prison inmates who contact The Principle Foundation with inquiries and requests, and for handling the granting process for inmates who have demonstrated a sincere commitment to Christian Science. The major aspects of this work include maintaining ongoing correspondence with inmates, managing periodical subscriptions, and purchasing cell phones and gift cards for released inmates in coordination with sponsoring Christian Science organizations and individuals. You should expect to continuously grow spiritually as you apply a strong metaphysical and intuitive approach to all aspects of this work.
This position also serves on the Foundation’s other grant committees as requested, and works closely with the accounting office.
Institutional Grant Administrator
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Work from home and/or Overland Park, Kansas
Hourly Salary Range: $32.71 – $38.29
Start Date: As soon as practical
Reports to: Director of Service Programs
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Pray daily for The Principle Foundation including its mission and activities
- Administer and manage grants, including preparing Board reports as requested
- Respond to inquiries
- Review grant applications and recommend grant awards
- Make grant decisions in collaboration with the grant committee
- Coordinate with other Christian Science organizations and individuals to develop and implement systems that support the smooth functioning of the granting processes
- Work collaboratively to develop and implement office systems that support the smooth functioning of the Foundation
- Use a variety of software to process, record, and communicate grant information
- Organize, manage, and prioritize many tasks and details related to grant administration
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management or the Executive Director
- A deep desire – as evidenced in your interest – to help others
- Demonstrable knowledge and practice of Christian Science
- Recognition of the spiritual nature of this work and ability to handle issues prayerfully
- Effectively supports the spiritual and practical needs of individuals who are relying on Christian Science and are seeking financial or other types of assistance (“inspired benevolence”)
- Excellent communication abilities
- Collaboration skills
- Computer skills with Word and Excel, and database programs. Training will be provided as needed.
- Individual initiative and problem-solver, including having a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, and strong service orientation
- Confidentiality, thoroughness, and sound understanding and practice of ethics
Education and Experience
- Experience working on a team in a professional setting, both in person and remotely
- Experience in working with Christian Scientists in church or organizational settings
- Experience coaching or helping others with life issues like personal finance, budgeting, housing, employment, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Christian Science and non-Christian Science audiences and individuals
- Membership in The Mother Church required
- Branch church membership expected
- Primary Class instruction in Christian Science preferred